The Carol Stream Animal Hospital is your local veterinary service. Convenient hours. Local. Responsive. Advanced and gentle veterinary care.
Mon - Thu: 8am - 7pm
Friday: 8am - 6pm
Saturday: 8am - 1pm
After Hours Emergency (St. Charles Emergency Veterinary Service): 630-584-7447
John Ciribassi, DVM, DACVB
Elise Ciribassi, DVM
Mondrian Contreras, DVM
Priya Bhatt, DVM, MS
Come meet us! Our friendly staff will be glad to show you around, and introduce you to everyone
Holiday Tips from the American Veterinary Medical Association
7 things you can do to make the holidays safer for your pet
- Keep people food out of the reach of your pet and ask your guests to do the same;
- Make sure your pet doesn't have any access to treats, especially those containing chocolate, xylitol, grapes/raisins, onions or other toxic foods;
- Don't leave your pet alone in the room with lit candles, a decorated tree or potpourri;
- Keep holiday plants (especially holly, mistletoe and lillies) out of reach of pets;
- Consider leaving the tinsel off your tree if you have a cat;
- Secure your Christmas tree to keep it from falling over if your dog bumps it or your cat climbs it; hanging lemon-scented car air fresheners in the tree may deter your cat from climbing it;
- If your pet is excitable or scared when you have company, consider putting your pet in another room with some of his/her toys, a comfortable bed, etc. or providing a safe place for your pet to escape the excitement (such as a kennel, crate, perching place, scratching post shelf or hiding place)
Trifexis Flea Control Concerns
A November 2013 media report has focused on some pet owners’ beliefs that their dogs died due to the use of Trifexis®, a heartworm preventive and intestinal parasite and flea therapeutic. There also have been statements on social media alle...ging illness and death due to the medication. The manufacturer, Elanco, and the FDA are aware of these complaints. According to reports, the deaths have not been definitively linked to the drug. See the following link for more information.
See @AVMARecallWatch (twitter feed) for animal related safety alerts and recalls on a real time basis.
Bailey's Choice Pet Food Company Expands Recall
Officials from Bailey's Choice pet food company announced an expansion Tuesday of its recall of Teriyaki Chicken Treats, which was initiated last week after routine government testing identified salmonella in some samples. The recall now extends to six states. A malfunctioning digital thermostat is to blame for the temperature fluctuation that may have led to the bacterial contamination. Fort Mill Times (S.C.)/The Associated Press (11/12)
Have you recently adopted a pet from a shelter or rescue group? If so, we will be happy to provide a free exam within 30 days of the adoption. Just give us a call and bring your adoption paperwork with you. Offer valid until 12-31-2013
Our next Special:
Save $30 on a dental cleaning during January thru March of 2014. Give us a call for details.